Thursday 26 September 2013

Pizza

Pizza: Yes! this word brings a smile on all the kids faces and although all the adults might not admit it but it brings a :) on their faces too, it sure does on mine. I think this is some comfort food and you can get so creative and make real fun and healthy pizzas.
Now pizza made by the dough made at home is something else. With a little flour and some simple ingredients you can make a fantastic pizza at home.

Here is what you will need:

I normally take white flour but sometimes when I am in the healthy mood I also take half Ruck-Mehl and half weizen. I do add some Semolina/Weizen griess, the fine one for some texture and sometimes I also add a table spoon of tomato puree to give some colour.


Ingredients:

     


Method:


1. Take the flour in bowl, form a mould in the middle, put the yeast, half the oil, water and sugar in the middle and sprinkle the salt and oregano on the sides. Keep mixing until you get a shiny dough. Add the rest of the oil, knead it once again and leave it covered in a warm place until it doubles in size.
2. Rolling and dressing the Pizza
3. After the dough has risen, knock it down once again, form a nice ball and start rolling it either with hand or with a rolling pin. I usually make once big pizza but you can also make four normal sized round ones.
4. I had some pasta sauce left over from the day before (should write the recipe, its divine given by a friend) so I used it but you can either use tomato puree (not concentrated) or can tomatoes or any other type of simple tomato sauce.
5. Now the best part go with your feeling, the season and be creative. Use the vegetables you like.
This time I used

2 spring onions
1 red capsicum
1 corn kernels
1/2 pepperonis
1 mozzarella.

I am a a bit pushy with the veggies but trust me it tastes so good. Other condiments which I sometimes use are olives, capers, onions, zucchini, garlic, artichokes grilled aubergine etc.

and YES I add the cheese first and then the vegetables, this way the cheese doesn`t burn and the veggies get grilled too. Sprinkle some salt, oregano and a drizzle of olive oil before it goes in the oven.

6. Off in a preheated oven at 250° for about 10-12 minutes. For pizza I use the hot air circulation position/umluft. It turns out great with this, crunchy from the outside and soft from inside.


      



           


Enjoy and let your family be your fan :)

No comments: